Course Length: 9 Weeks (40 Hours)
College Credits: 3
Course Objective: The course objective is to…
Provide an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of UAS technology to include the hardware and software
inclusions and gain a holistic view of concerns facing UAS integration into the National Airspace.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- identify important UAS technologies, platforms, and systems;
- explain the origins and development of unmanned aviation for commercial and government applications of small
- generalize the principles of small unmanned aircraft systems aerodynamics and performance;
- analyze the key concepts and theories associated with Remote Sensing;
- categorize UAS control stations and the method of UAS control;
- distinguish between and identify appropriate datalink configurations.